Job Title: Lab Technician-Testing
Education: An associate degree in the engineering field or high school diploma (or equivalent).
Experience: 1-3 years of hands-on experience in R&D lab settings.
AGORA Energy Technologies Ltd., an innovative engineering firm based in Vancouver, is leading the way in the development of electrochemical solutions for CO2 conversion and utilization. With a focus on cutting-edge energy storage technologies, AGORA’s CO2 Redox Flow Battery has earned global recognition through prestigious grants and awards such as the Grand Winner at Hello Tomorrow France, the Cartier Women’s Initiative Award 2021, the Keeling Curve Prize 2021 and NRcan’s Charging the Future Challenge Finalist 2021. As we continue to pave the way for future industries, we are seeking motivated and passionate professionals to join our dynamic team. Our projects involve pioneering CO2 utilization technologies and innovative battery chemistries, making AGORA an ideal environment for hands-on individuals who thrive in agile start-up settings.
TThe successful candidate will participate in our R&D activities and will be performing testing, spraying, cell and stack assembly, manufacturing, maintaining equipment and supporting the research and development team for their work on our redox flow battery technology.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have a valid work permit.
- Resides in Canada.
- An associate degree in the engineering field or high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Strong communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Punctual with strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work quickly and reliably in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet AGORA’s quality standards while maintaining a working knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices, and upholding federal and provincial regulations.
- Hands-on experience in applied research programs and the operation of electrochemical and analytical equipment for battery/fuel cells is an asset.
- Familiarity with catalyst synthesis, electrode manufacturing and testing is an asset.
- Knowledge of gas diffusion electrode fabrication techniques (e.g. doctor blade and spray coating) is an asset.
- Assemble cells and short stacks for testing.
- Prepare solutions and electrolytes for battery testing.
- Perform electrochemical analysis tests for battery performance evaluation.
- Operate battery test stations, potentiostats, pH meters, pipettes, etc.
- Perform calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment, engage with senior staff or manufacturer representatives for advanced troubleshooting, clean glassware and equipment.
- Perform electrode manufacturing using hot press, spray coating and Dr. Blade methods.
- Perform catalyst material synthesis.
- Safely handle chemicals, materials, gases and other equipment needed for performing the tests.
- Support the overall activity of the research and development team.
- Manage the inventory system and handle the receipt of materials.
- Interact effectively with internal staff and third-party suppliers/shops/contractors/service providers for a variety of tasks including but not limited to procurement, machining, calibration, waste disposal, etc.
Applications are accepted online through AGORA’s Careers page.
Applications must include a COVER LETTER indicating “Lab Technician-Testing Application” and a CV combined into a single PDF file specifically titled “Lab Technician_Testing_Your-Name”. AGORA appreciates all interest in this position, however, only exceptional shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled. However, the initial date to review the application is set for June 15th, 2022. Candidates will be required to provide references if selected for an interview.