Job Title: Mechanical/Electro-mechanical Engineer
Education: Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Physics or Mechatronics
Experience: 5+ years of combined hands-on post-graduate and/or industrial experience
Agora Energy Technologies Ltd. (AGORA) is a Vancouver-based electrochemical engineering company that provides solutions for the next generation of cutting-edge energy storage technologies. AGORA is a dynamic work environment committed to attracting highly talented and passionate professionals keen on shaping future industries. Our projects involve novel technologies and new chemistries in the electrochemical field. The ideal candidate, therefore, is a highly technical and innovative person who can work effectively within an agile environment.
The successful candidate will apply strong engineering skills to the design, verification and validation of new prototypes, selection of mechanical components and sub-systems and support testing prototypes in a laboratory and pilot setting.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, engineering physics, or a related field with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience.
- Experience in both industrial and product development settings.
- Good knowledge of structural design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fabrication processes, assembly processes, and selection of general mechanical components.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop creative solutions to meet cost and functional requirements.
- Experience with prototype development and testing.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following in each category:
- Modeling: AUTOCAD, CREO, SOLIDWORKS, CATIA
- Processing: ANSA, META, LS-PREPOST, HYPERGRAPH, PRIMER
- Analysis: ANSYS, LS-DYNA, COMSOL, SIMULINK, ABAQUS
- Other: PYTHON, GOLDEN SURFER, MATLAB, C, EXCEL VBA
- Ability to work according to a time schedule, determine the scope of work and plan effectively to meet commitments and deliverables.
- Aptitude to convey technical concepts to a large audience through excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Actively support and lead the mechanical design at the system, sub-system and component level, including sourcing and verification of mechanical components, structural design, process systems, fluid management, and mechanical layout of components.
- Generate engineering documentation for mechanical systems and components, including: component design requirements and specifications; design review and release materials.
- Prepare designs suitable for prototyping and/or high volume manufacturing processes.
- Identify and test appropriate materials for long-life performance.
- Provide SolidWorks models/drawings, using ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Prepare plans for functional, performance and lifetime testing.
- Prepare design documentation for internal and external customers.
- Generate engineering documentation for mechanical and/or electrical components, and component design requirements and specifications.
- Analyze designs using 3D modeling and FEA.
- Provides engineering and technical expertise to support R&D for prototypes and pilot integration.
- Provide technical oversight of mechanical systems and components provided by third parties.
- Facilitate and lead informal and formal design reviews.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to work in cross-disciplinary R&D teams.
- Meet AGORA’s quality standards while maintaining a working knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices, and upholding federal and provincial regulations.
- The candidate must be a self-starting, self-motivated and well-organized person.
Applications are accepted online through AGORA’s Careers page.
Applications must include a cover letter indicating “Mechanical/Electro-mechanical Engineer Application” and CV combined into a single PDF file specifically titled “Mechanical/Electro-mechanical Engineer_Your-Name”. AGORA appreciates all interest in this position, however, only exceptional shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates will be required to provide references if selected for an interview.